The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Several Things

I can't believe it's Sunday already. The weekend has flown by, and as is so often the case, I didn't get around to half the things I'd hoped to do. My father would say I have too many irons in the fire, and he's right. I'm interested in too many things. Take books. Many people happily read one genre, maybe two. I tend to read everything, except maybe chick lit and westerns. I'm an avid poetry reader, especially of contemporary poetry, but also some of the greats of the past. I also love to read about the craft of writing and bios of writers who intrigue me. Then there are the novels, and again, my tastes vary. I am as content with a good suspense/mystery as I am with literary or mainstream fiction. Toss in some horror and erotica now and then as well. Several nonfiction topics interest me, so my books in that category include ones about animal companions and memoirs of interesting people (or not so interesting people who had extraordinary adventures). Let's not forget plays...and children's books... and...well, you see what I mean.

Obama had an amazing night, winning in all the states that held primaries and caucuses. Maine will vote today, then the election comes to my neck of the woods, as Maryland, DC, and Virginia hold primaries on Tuesday.


New poems are up in several places. "The Livelihood of Crows" appears in the new issue of Stirring. Three poems, "Valley Notes," "Tuesday Afternoon," and "The Proof," appear in the new issue of Ghoti. "Eviction," one of my more edgier poems, is up at Zygote in my Coffee.