The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Big wins for Obama!!!!!!!




I was glued to CNN last night. (I'm a self-admitted CNN junkie). What an amazing set of wins for Barack Obama! Not only did he win all three primaries, but he won by huge margins. Also significant is the fact that he made marked gains in Clinton's base of support, capturing the white, Latino, and women voters that were once squarely behind Clinton.

When this began, I liked both candidates about the same. As time goes by, I think less of Clinton. Not only did Bill Clinton's racially charged comments offend me, but Hillary shows herself to be less than a good sport. She doesn't even have the grace to congratulate her opponent when he wins. I take that as a sign she is desperate. And well she should be. I think Obama will undoubtedly win Wisconsin and Hawaii next week. That will give him ten straight wins, and the momentum will clearly carry him toward success in Ohio and Texas. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a John Edwards' endorsement of Barack Obama sometime prior to the Ohio primary.

Yes, we can.