The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ballot Bowl and billet-doux



I watched CNN's Ballot Bowl this afternoon while eating Cajun catfish and organizing my desk. Okay, attempting to organize my desk. The commentators talked a bit about the debate. I agree with their assessment that Thursday's conversation didn't change much. Clinton is a skilled debater. Obama has improved consistently over the months. Neither made any huge mistakes, nor were there any significant points scored. I think there are more differences in their leadership styles than there are distinct policy differences between the candidates. I don't expect Tuesday's debate in Ohio to be dramatically different, but of course I'll watch. I'm hopeful that March 4th primaries result in wins for Obama, and perhaps Clinton will be ready to concede.


billet-doux, an anthology published by dancing girl press is now available! Order here.

This limited edition collection of missives includes 15 love letters by 15 poets. Each box includes letters, postcards, and prints by Erin Bertram, Bronwen Tate, Michaela Gabriel, Cecelia Pinto, Shawn Fawson, Diane Kendig, Christine Hamm, Jeannette Sayers, Suzanne Frischkorn, Annie Finch, Emma Bolden, Julie Enszer, Ariana-Sophia Kartsonis, Kelli Russell Agodon...and yours truly. I'm thrilled to be a part of this project!