The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Monday, February 11, 2008

Grammy Night


Last night's show was one of the best. I thought the performances were amazing. Beyonce's duo with Tina Turner was electrifying. Alicia Keys has one of the most beautiful voices in recent memory. Kanye West's tribute to his mother was nothing less than heart-wrenching. I was happy to see Herbie Hancock win a Grammy for his jazz tribute to Joni Mitchell; I plan to add that CD to my wishlist. I'm pleased, too, that Barack Obama won an award for his spoken word CD for his book, The Audacity of Hope. The highlight of the night for me was watching Amy Winehouse perform. In spite of her personal demons and problems, she's an immernse creative talent. Her Back to Black CD is one of my recent favorite buys.