The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday

Oh, boy, do I ever need more coffee. I'm thinking maybe an IV hookup to Starbucks' French Roast would do the trick. I stayed up way too late watching the primary results and rooting for Barack Obama. The tension is killing me. I'm sure there are advantages to a long race, but I'd like to soon see a clear winner emerge. Maybe then I could actually get back to work on my novel. Meanwhile, I'm glued to CNN.

I make it no secret that I'm a loyal Democrat. I don't have any real preferences when it comes to the Republican race. I feel a little sorry for Mitt Romney because I don't believe a Mormon has a chance in the South, where evangelical types often view that faith as a cult. Huckabee is just off the charts, and I don't know what to make of a person who dismisses evolution. I mean, does he believe in gravity, the laws of relativity, etc? John McCain keeps vowing to follow Osama Bin Laden to the gates of hell. Really, is someone stopping him from embarking on the mission now? I do know that I'm tired of his overuse of the phrase, "My friends," which he inserts in every third sentence. I know he's old and the Arizona sun is hot, but he can do better than to sound like a used car salesman, my friends. Don't you agree, my friends?


I did manage to finish proofing Tomato Girl. Hubby is off to ship it back to Algonquin. It's very exciting to see the manuscript evolve into an actual book.


One of my poems, "The Livelihood of Crows" is up at Stirring.