The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Friday, August 22, 2008

Review at Feminist Review


Ann Hite reviewed Tomato Girl on The Feminist Review:


The voice that greets me in Tomato Girl is so rich and authentic that I am not surprised to find that the author is a native of Virginia. Jayne Pupek is a poet (Forms of Intercession) and author, whose writing has appeared in many literary journals. My first thought upon finishing her debut novel was, "How can I ever read another book again?" My second thought: "How can I write a review of this book? What words could I put on paper that would come close to expressing the emotional impact that resonates in the pages?"

Have you ever picked up a book, read the first few pages, and knew this was a book that you wanted to stretch out as long as possible, savoring not only the story but the language? Tomato Girl is one of those novels.

Read the rest of Ann's review here.