Saturday, August 16, 2008
REVIEW AT BLOGCRITICS
LISA SOLOD WARREN REVIEWS TOMATO GIRL AT BLOGCRITICS:
Ellie Sanders mama is crazy; this we find straight off in Tomato Girl, Jayne Pupek’s evocative first novel. It is hinted that her mama is so crazy she keeps a fetus in a jar. And she has spells, odd and scary ones that Ellie has no idea how to deal with. Ellie’s father, who seems to adore her and takes care of both her and her crazy mother, is beset by devils of his own, one of which comes in the form of a beautiful teenaged girl who sells tomatoes to the store that Ellie’s father manages.
Read the rest of the review here.
- ► 2009 (46)
- BOOK GIVEAWAY AT BERMUDAONION
- IN CASE YOU NEED ANOTHER REASON TO VOTE FOR OBAMA....
- Review at The Pedestal Magazine
- Barack Obama's DNC Speech
- On Becoming a Novelist
- Michelle Obama at 2008 Democratic National Convent...
- Tomato Girl
- Joe Biden Introduction
- Obama Picks Biden as VP
- Review at Feminist Review
- Interview at Blogcritics
- Courier-Journal Review
- REVIEW AT BLOGCRITICS
- TWO REVIEWS: FORMS OF INTERCESSION
- Featured Author on LibraryThing
- Guest Blogging
- EVENT AT THE FOUNTAIN BOOKSTORE
- MANIFEST HOPE
- NEGLECTED BOOKS
- ▼ August (19)