The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Two Poems Up at The Dirty Napkin



I have two new poems up at The Dirty Napkin: "Dinner Party" and "Lives in Decline." This is a gorgeous journal, and I'm thrilled to appear alongside one of my favorite poets, the stunning Arlene Ang. (She and Valerie Fox have a new book forthcoming soon. I've had the privilege of a sneak preview and will post more details when the book's release date nears. It's a gem.)

At The Dirty Napkin, the editors provide the opportunity to record your poems. That was rather fun, even though I sounded like a drunken speed reader. Okay, yes, I drank a little wine before Jeremy called to do the recording. And I had to read fast because I live in a house with kids, parrots, and dogs, which means quiet moments are fleeting at best. Unlike Arlene, I did not wear a hat. Next time, I will borrow one from A, maybe something with feathers.

Other news of a distressing variety: My website has vanished like a fat man in quicksand. I am not amused. Apparently, a glitch occurred with the system where I purchased my domain name and website bundle. Now I am waiting to see if either the computer gurus or related gods can restore it. If I have to rebuild that damn site, expect to find me with a shaved head, wearing my sackcloth and ashes. There will be gnashing of teeth and profanity in mega doses. F%$#S@*S#$@#$%D^&*@!!!!!!!! See, it's already started.