Saturday, June 7, 2008
Open Books: A Poem Emporium
From Joseph Darda | June 5, 2008
Christine Deavel, co-owner of Open Books: A Poem Emporium, holds Grenade by UW alumna Rebecca Hoogs.
What an amazing thing--a book store that sells nothing but poetry.
Located a mile from the UW campus, at 2414 45th St., Open Books: A Poem Emporium is one of only two exclusively poetry bookstores in the United States. The bookstore has an inventory of more than 9000 titles, including new, used and out-of-print books.
Husband and wife team John W. Marshall and Christine Deavel opened the store 13 years ago after having owned a more general bookstore for the seven years prior.
Read the rest of the article in The Daily of the University of Washington.
- ► 2009 (46)
- THE ALGONKIAN
- Erotica Accepted by CLEIS PRESS
- And the winner is...
- Two Poems Up at The Dirty Napkin
- POEMS ABOUT FATHERS
- Virginian Poet Anne Spencer’s Works Turned over to...
- Female contenders rule out 'archaic' post of Poet ...
- 2 Poems Up at Blossombones
- The Book Collection that Devoured My Life
- Hillary Suspends Campaign, Endorses Barack
- Open Books: A Poem Emporium
- Yes, we can!
- Review by Library Journal-Tomato Girl
- ▼ June (15)