Saturday, June 7, 2008
Hillary Suspends Campaign, Endorses Barack
Hillary Clinton suspended her extraordinary presidential run and pledged her full support to Barack Obama at a speech in Washington, D.C. "I ask of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me," she told a cheering crowd.
I thought Clinton's speech was not only historic, but heartfelt, as she brought her own campaign to a close and threw her support behind Barack Obama. Although I have been a supporter of Obama since the early days of the campaign, I admire many things about Hillary Clinton, including her tenacity. I don't know if the "dream ticket" is the best way to proceed, but it is certainly something to consider. Clinton could help unite the party very quickly, and she'd do much to help Obama secure states such as Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Florida, and West Virginia. But as a Virginian, I have some preference for Tim Kaine or Jim Webb. I'm sure there are many fine candidates that haven't even crossed my mind.
- ► 2009 (46)
- THE ALGONKIAN
- Erotica Accepted by CLEIS PRESS
- And the winner is...
- Two Poems Up at The Dirty Napkin
- POEMS ABOUT FATHERS
- Virginian Poet Anne Spencer’s Works Turned over to...
- Female contenders rule out 'archaic' post of Poet ...
- 2 Poems Up at Blossombones
- The Book Collection that Devoured My Life
- Hillary Suspends Campaign, Endorses Barack
- Open Books: A Poem Emporium
- Yes, we can!
- Review by Library Journal-Tomato Girl
- ▼ June (15)