The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hillary Suspends Campaign, Endorses Barack



Hillary Clinton suspended her extraordinary presidential run and pledged her full support to Barack Obama at a speech in Washington, D.C. "I ask of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me," she told a cheering crowd.

I thought Clinton's speech was not only historic, but heartfelt, as she brought her own campaign to a close and threw her support behind Barack Obama. Although I have been a supporter of Obama since the early days of the campaign, I admire many things about Hillary Clinton, including her tenacity. I don't know if the "dream ticket" is the best way to proceed, but it is certainly something to consider. Clinton could help unite the party very quickly, and she'd do much to help Obama secure states such as Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Florida, and West Virginia. But as a Virginian, I have some preference for Tim Kaine or Jim Webb. I'm sure there are many fine candidates that haven't even crossed my mind.