The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Recent Poems and Acceptances



My poem, "Letters to Eli" appears in the new issue of Stirring. This is my second poem to appear recently in this journal, which is one of my favorites.


I'm also delighted to make a second appearance at Literary Mama with my poem, "Learning to Paint at Age 45."

Other acceptances:


Tattoo Highway has accepted my poem, "Alaska." The new issue should be up soon. I've long enjoyed TH and am pleased to have a poem forthcoming there.


Susan Slaviero at boneblossoms has accepted "Lazarus" and "Red Rulers" for the summer issue. I admire Susan's work and am delighted that she's chosen these poems. boneblossoms is new to me and I'm enjoying the work of many fine poets there.


Juliet Cook at Blood Pudding Press has accepted both "20 Reasons I'm Not Writing Today" and "The Xerox Girls" to be published in its next multi-writer project, ECTOPLASMIC NECROPOLIS. Juliet is a fabulous poet and her press has some exciting offerings.

Blog Archive