Elixir Press is sponsoring a fiction contest open to all writers writing in English. Both short story collections and novels are eligible. The prize will be $4000, publication by Elixir Press, and 25 copies of the book.
Manuscripts should be typed on one side of the page and on standard paper. No dot matrix unless letter quality. Send a business size SASE for reply only; manuscripts cannot be returned. An SAS postcard for receipt of manuscript is optional. Please use a 12 to 14 point font. Do not send the only copy of your manuscript.Do not send biographical material, photographs, CDs, videos, or illustrations.Enclose a cover sheet stating the name of the manuscript and the author's name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number and a cover sheet with the title alone. Manuscripts must be double-spaced, paginated, and include a table of contents, if appropriate, and an acknowledgments page, if appropriate. Simultaneous submissions are welcome, so long as Elixir is notified immediately if a manuscript is accepted elsewhere.Manuscripts should be 120 pages to 500 pages in length.
Please secure your manuscript with either a binder clip or file folder. Do not otherwise bind your manuscript.
Friends, students, and former students of the judge or the editorial staff of Elixr Press are ineligible to enter.
Contest entry fee is $35.
The postmark deadline for the contest is May 31, 2008.
Submit entries to:
Elixir Press Fiction Awardc/o R. T. Smith
PO Box 195
Fairfield, VA 24435
- ► 2009 (46)
- Woman crashes her car, saves her morning coffee
- April is National Poetry Month
- PotLatch Poetry
- Plush Obama Doll--so cute!
- Much on the Cliff: The Philosophies of John Ashber...
- Galway Kinnell Reads Paul Celan
- Virginia Festival of the Book
- Concelebratory Shoehorn Review
- Article on Research Sources for Writers
- V to the Tenth
- The Elixir Press 2008 Fiction Award Guidelines:
- Happy Easter!
- Magnetic Poetry
- Obama's Speech
- HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY
- Recent Poems and Acceptances
- Happy Birthday to Me!
- Presidental Librarium--G.W. Bush
- 9th Annual Tupelo Press/Crazyhorse First Book of P...
- I Always Knew Rats Were Amazing...
- Review by LouAnn Shepard Muhm at Her Circle Ezine
- Change of Heart Giveaway
- Long Sigh
- A New Review Posted at Amazon.com
- MARCH IS SMALL PRESS MONTHSmall Press Month, now i...
- ▼ March (26)