A must-read for lovers of contemporary women's poetry..., March 3, 2008
Susan J. Slaviero
When a book of poetry gets under my skin from the very first line--"Today I am medium rare. Don't touch me."--I know that something extraordinary is about to happen... Forms of Intercession both entrances with Pupek's graceful use of language and keeps the reader on her toes with unexpected, intense imagery, tuning in to what lurks beneath the veneer of an ordinary life. Even the most mundane household objects take on a shimmer of both the lovely and the grotesque in these fabulous poems. Definitely recommended!
- ► 2009 (46)
- Woman crashes her car, saves her morning coffee
- April is National Poetry Month
- PotLatch Poetry
- Plush Obama Doll--so cute!
- Much on the Cliff: The Philosophies of John Ashber...
- Galway Kinnell Reads Paul Celan
- Virginia Festival of the Book
- Concelebratory Shoehorn Review
- Article on Research Sources for Writers
- V to the Tenth
- The Elixir Press 2008 Fiction Award Guidelines:
- Happy Easter!
- Magnetic Poetry
- Obama's Speech
- HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY
- Recent Poems and Acceptances
- Happy Birthday to Me!
- Presidental Librarium--G.W. Bush
- 9th Annual Tupelo Press/Crazyhorse First Book of P...
- I Always Knew Rats Were Amazing...
- Review by LouAnn Shepard Muhm at Her Circle Ezine
- Change of Heart Giveaway
- Long Sigh
- A New Review Posted at Amazon.com
- MARCH IS SMALL PRESS MONTHSmall Press Month, now i...
- ▼ March (26)