The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Sunday, April 27, 2008

This and That...




It's been a busy week or so as I've worked to redesign and update my website. I'm far from tech savvy, so it took some time, but I'm happy with the results. Take a look here.

I also spent some time updating my submission tracker so I can keep up with which poems I've submitted. I use the submission tracker at Duotrope's. What I really need is a secretary! Okay, I know it's a stretch, but let me dream.

My husband ordered the little Obamakinz doll for me, and it arrived this week. It's absolutely adorable.

Caketrain has accepted my poem, “Dreams (from The Blackbird Series)” for publication. I love this journal and am so thrilled to have a poem forthcoming in the next issue.

I'm having severe "poetry withdrawal syndrome" as I work on my third novel. Writing poems never feels like work to me. Novels, on the other hand, definitely feel like work. I'm making good prgress, though, and hope to have the first draft done in the next two months. I'm well stocked on chocolate, Starbuck's coffee, and red wine. I should survive. Maybe.