The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Busy Time

Whew---where does the time go? It seems only moments ago that I was placing presents under the tree, and now, January is almost gone.

This week has been especially full with the release of my poetry book, Forms of Intercession (Mayapple Press). If you haven't bought a copy yet, stop reading this and get thyself over to Amazon.com or Mayapple's webpage and order one now! Better yet, buy two. Oh, what the heck, why not three? Lol!

In between sending out review copies and spreading the word about my new book, I also completed an author questionnaire for Algonquin Books and sent them a photo. My son took the photo. I told him I'd raise his allowance if he made me look twenty instead of (gasp) forty-five. Considering how hard he laughed, I should make that child pick up pop bottles for the rest of his life. (When I was a girl, collecting soda pop bottles that had been tossed into ditches was a way to earn some extra cash.)

I've been working on my poem and letter for billet-doux, the love letter project to be released by Dancing Girl Press. My parents visited this weekend and helped me stuff the envelopes. Now I'm waiting for the scented silk rose petals and vintage stickers to arrive. Watch for the finished project around Valentines Day.

I've also been keeping up with the political news as much as I can. I watched the Democratic debate last night. More squabbling than I like to hear, but I think it is to be expected with the race so close. Obama definitely needs to win South Carolina to move forward in this contest. I think he can pull it off. I heard that Stephen King is endorsing Barack Obama, too. I'm telling you, great minds think alike. Lol!

After school today, my oldest son is going to register to vote. He once asked me if "Daddy votes Democrat, too." My answer: "I'm still married to him, aren't I?" Lol!

And last, but not least, I have two new poems up at Thieves Jargon.