The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Barack Obama


I'm glued to CNN, waiting to see who wins the New Hampshire caucus. It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I'm a die hard Democrat and have been all my life. Like a lot of Democrats, I'm tickled pink over the candidates we have this year. Choosing between them isn't easy. John Edwards is the most passionate, and I believe his convictions run deep, but his focus may not be broad enough. Clinton comes with some baggage, and is aloof as a candidate, but more than makes up for that with her intellect and experience. Obama doesn't have the extensive foreign policy experience I'd like to see, but he is a natural leader, a man of great intellect, and impresses me as genuine. He's refreshing, full of grace and vitality, and presents as a unifier. I'd be thrilled to see any of the three elected, but I believe Barack Obama offers the most.