The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Monday, September 17, 2007

Two Poems accepted by Eclectica

I just received word that two of my poems have been accepted for publication in the fall issue of Eclectica Magazine. The poems to be published are: "An Appearance" and "Distance." The issue will be released on October 1, 2007.

I spent much of the weekend working on new poems and preparing submissions. So much of the past year or more has been consumed by the writing and rewriting of my second novel, leaving little time for the making of poems. I'm working on my third novel, but have arranged my schedule to include more time for reading and writing poems. Participating in the 30:30 workshop at ITWS helps keep me focused on writing a poem each day.