The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Poets.org Audio


Along with a very strong cup of Starbucks coffee---I'm not telling how many scoops I load into the machine---I love to start my day with poetry. The fact that I can bring Anne Sexton into my bedroom to read "Her Kind" while I drink my French Roast is just one of life's glorious and surreal moments. Poets.org has an excellent collection of recorded poems. From their website: "Beginning with John Berryman’s historic first reading of The Dream Songs on Halloween night, 1963, the Academy of American Poets has presented and recorded over 700 poetry readings, lectures, and symposia, making the Poetry Audio Archive one the world's richest aural records of poetry."