The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Friday, August 31, 2007

Best of the Web

I'm delighted to announce that The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature has nominated one of my poems for Best of the Web 2007. I'm always looking for an excuse to send hubby out to buy me sushi and champagne. This will do the trick. (Note: Even though I love sushi and champagne, I'm known to eat grits and drink beer on my front porch like any good Southerner should.)


"Ghost Child", the nominated poem, can be found at The Dead Mule, or on my web site:



http://www.leafscape.org/JaynePupek/poem7.html




Check out the other fine nominations for both poetry and fiction:


http://helenl.wordpress.com/2007/08/30/dead-mule-best-of-the-web-2007-nominations/



According to the rules, each poem or story must have been first published or appeared on the web between July 1, 2006 and June 30, 2007.