The Works of Jayne Pupek

My photo
Richmond, VA, United States
Jayne Pupek is the author of the novel "Tomato Girl" (Algonquin Books, 2008) and a book of poems titled "Forms of Intercession" (Mayapple Press, 2008). Her writing has appeared in numerous literary journals. In addition to her own writing, Jayne freelances as a ghostwriter, editor and mentor. A Virginia native, Jayne has spent most of her professional life working in the field of mental health.

Contact Jayne

To contact Jayne, email JaynePupek@aol.com

LibraryThing

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Few Things...

RECOMMENDED READS: I am more likely to swoon over poetry than fiction, but sometimes I find a novel that takes hold of me and doesn't let go.

I just finished reading "My Happy Life" by Lydia Millet and was completely absorbed by the unusual and tragic narrator. What an intriguing and moving read! I just loved it, and can't wait to read more of Millet's work, which is published by Soft Skull Press.


Another phenomenal book that I've read in recent months is click by kristopher young, published by Another Sky Press. This is one of the most vivid and enthralling narratives I've ever read...impossible to put down and even more impossible to forget.

A few other things...

I'm delighted that The Dirty Napkin has accepted two poems-- "Dinner Party" and "Lives in Decline" for their upcoming issue. Look for the next issue on or around June 21.

Another bit of good news...Audio rights for "Tomato Girl" have been sold to Recorded Books, so folks who like to listen to books will have that option.

WRITER'S DIGEST has listed their 101 best stites for writers. “We sifted through more than 2,100 nominations and chose the 101 most valuable.”